Thursday 29 May 2008

Phillippe addresses marriage rumours

Actor Ryan Phillippe has spoken about his divorce from actress Reese Witherspoon, denying allegations that he cheated on her.
The 33-year-old star told W magazine that the end of his seven-year marriage left him in "the darkest, saddest place" that he had ever been in.
The actor said: "There were a good four or five months of not being able to get out of bed. It was the worst time in my life."
He continued: "You get through it. It's a process that's not easy, but I get less and less sad about it every day."
Speaking about the reason for the couple's break-up, he said that the situation was "far more complicated and far less interesting than it's made out to be".
He said: "To look and search for these salacious reasons, to pin it on a person, or a moment in someone's life, it's not realistic."
Phillippe also denied rumours that actress Abbie Cornish was responsible for the break-up of his marriage.
"It was unfair for her to be called the names that she was, because it wasn't about that.
"I don't think an outside person can ever cause a divorce. I had difficulties in my relationship, and in my marriage, long before I ever met her," the actor said.